Sunday, June 08, 2014

48 Hours Later...

I have finished the 48 Hour Book Challenge 2014! I read from Friday, June 6, 7am to Sunday, June 8, 7am. I read 8.5 hours on Friday, 8.25 hours on Sat., and 2.25 hours on Sunday morning, for a total of 19.25 hours. That is the most I have read in one weekend in over 11 years!! My eyes are tired but I am happy. I am looking forward to spending today and tomorrow reading all the blogs of other participants (starting line list of bloggers@ Mother Reader's).

The theme this year was diversity, so I chose my titles accordingly. I was moved and delighted by all of them. Here's the list of titles for me:

Sarah by Marek Halter

Gameworld by C. J. Farley

Upside Down In The Middle Of Nowhere  by Julie T. Lamana

Summer on the Short Bus by Bethany Crandell

The Great Greene Heist by Varian Johnson

Radiance of Tomorrow by Ishmael Beah

I am still in the middle of a couple of them, and more reviews will follow on the blog in the coming days. This has been a great experience and I hope everyone else who spent time reading enjoyed it as well! Hop over to Mother Reader's on Monday to see how everyone did. I understand there will be prizes awarded....



6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I loved UPSIDE DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! I hope you enjoyed it!

Liviania said...

Good job - hopefully your eyes recover!

Greg Pattridge said...

I'm currently reading THE GREAT GREEN HEIST and the rest of your titles look intriguing. Great job.

Ms. Yingling said...

Hmm. In the middle of a couple of them ? I always admire people who can have a couple of books going at once. I get so confused that if I tried to read to books at once, I'd conflate all the facts in reviews! I hope to see more review from you this summer. I bet you have an awesome and diverse TBR list now!

Andromeda Jazmon Sibley said...

Yes, ms. Yingling, I am reading Gameworld outloud to my boys at bedtime, and we haven't finished that one yet. It's hard not to read ahead by myself since it's so interesting! I just started Radiance of Tomorrow on Sat. night and didn't finish it by the end of the challenge. It is really good too. I will be reviewing both of those in the coming days...

Liviania, I have to admit my eyes are strained today and I am trying to take it easy! LOL

susan259 said...

Thanks for visiting my blog (ReadSpace). Sounds like you had a great 48hbc!