Thursday, May 31, 2012

Currently Reading

The Dyslexic Advantage by Broke L Eide and Fernette F. Eide. Hudson Street Press, 2011. I have only just started reading  this book but it is blowing my mind. Totally new way to look at the way my brain works. Read more here and here. I am considering the possiblity that some of the best strengths of my mind are not verbally accessible.

And that is not incompatible with being a reader, writer, librarian and poet.

Anyone else read this book? What do you think?

More to follow as I read the book and mull it over. I'd love to see a discussion here with other dyslexics and those that love us.

2 comments:

Linda at teacherdance said...

I enjoyed reading the two articles, Andi. The book looks fascinating. My school focuses on the individual & I have had many successful students who are dyslexic in my years of teaching. They are almost always great students & since our school invites different approaches to learning with each child, the students excel in their whole picture approach. Thanks for sharing. I will pass this on to my colleagues.

Author Amok said...

Hi, Andi. My son is dyslexic. He is a motivated student, so he does really well at school. Having the support of an LD program helped him enormously as he began high school. Thanks for the book recommendation.