Sunday, April 03, 2011

Haibun #3

I am painting my house, room by room. This weekend a good friend came over to help me pack up the dish cabinet and bookshelves in the dining room so we could scrape, spackle and prep the walls and woodwork for painting. It is an exhausting and overwhelming project and I am frequently discouraged to the point of tears. It's only her good cheer and optimism that kept me going this weekend. That and frequent tea breaks.

Taiwanese minature tea pot

after cleaning the house
we sat down to admire my treasure;
tea in my best pot

-Andromeda Jazmon

I am posting haibun, or haiku + photo + short prose, every day in April as part of National Poetry Month. See what others in the kidlitosphere are doing here.

4 comments:

tanita davis said...

Painting for me is usually a joy, but with small people running around, and all, it definitely might not be as much fun. I hope that the end result justifies the tears - and the tea!

What a lovely pot.

Irene Latham said...

I have felt that sort of frustration -- and felt better with tea! There is a Paris Tea you can order through Harney & Sons - to die for!

SueB said...

I am so enjoying your work. I'm finding the haibun fascinating.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Yes, there is something so healing about drinking tea. It's even better shared with a friend! My favorite is the Chinese jasmine tea I learned to love in China and can still get around here in a gold canister.