Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Haibun # 17,18,19

I got behind in posting this weekend so I am playing catch up today. Three in one!

narcissis

slowing steps
for just a day or two
nodding narcissis

These days rushing past the doorstep to be on time is a chance to catch at beauty. The school year is winding down; or up depending on how many projects and performances one has scheduled. Sooner than we believe we will be advanced to the next thing; but for today a new bloom everywhere we look.

Obi Wan is a Jedi

My kindergarten son is content to sit with a pen and paper, leaning over the seat of a chair to write with great concentration while I finish up the taxes. He reads it to me later; a foreign language in print that is my native tongue when he speaks. "Obi Wan is a Jedi". The power of his words.

my pen
in his hands;
new paper

I tried cooking Indian food yesterday. I found a packaged kit in the health food section that looked yummy and not too complicated. Tandoori spices packed in with basmati rice. I cut up mango just to see Buddy's face when he tasted that sweet, soft tang. Such joy to feed someone who adores every new flavor. 

hand poised

his eyes wide
juice dripping down his chin;
ripe mango curry

-Andromeda Jazmon

4 comments:

tanita davis said...

Ooh, that last one, with the wee hand!!! Adorable.

Speaking of good food, I know you're a gluten-free gal, and Farida is cooking the same. Some good stuff.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Thanks tanita! I will go there directly!

Saints and Spinners said...

Yum yum, Indian food! Have you picked up papadum yet? They're yummy, crunchy, and gf.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Papadum is new to me. I will look for it directly. Thanks!! Glad to see you Farida. I was rearranging the kitchen the other day and spent some time admiring your little snowdrop doll that sits on my altar shelf to remind me of the love and prayers of friends like you. I love your newest dolls in your flickr stream!