Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow Poetry


First Snow
by Mary Louise Allen

Snow makes whiteness where it falls
The bushes look like popcorn balls.
The places where I always play
Look like somewhere else today!


by Andromeda Jazmon

fresh snow
the wind left on my fence -
a wink, a blink


Early shovelers
drawing back the lines on
mussel shell sky

Laura Purdie Salas has the Friday Poetry Roundup today. Enjoy!


A Teaching Life said...

Beautiful! And the photographs made the poems such an experience.

BookBlogFun said...

Found your blog from the MotherReader Challenge. Your snow poetry compliments the weather in our backyard very well.

~ Lauri Chandler

Carlie said...

I especially like the first one! Could be a lovely addition to a collection of children's poetry.

Mary Lee said...

I loved finding the wink and blink in the fence photo!

Katie W. said...

OOO . . . I love "First Snow." I haven't cared for snow in many years, but you brought back good childhood memories.

laurasalas said...

I love snow! Thanks for these poems, Andi. The winking, blinking fence made me laugh--great photo, and yet the poem works without it, too, because snow is so magical, appearing and disappearing, falling, sticking, dropping, that I could picture its trueness in lots of different ways.

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Lovely! I liked the combo of words and pictures, very appropriate:)

mysite said...

Nice Post!
I would like to know more about your blog. You may also visit my blog and tell me what you think.

Amy LV said...

What a wonderful wink and blink! I was so happy to find this on such a snowy cold day here. And that Mary Louise Allen poem always crosses my mind on such days...

melanie said...



I like the photos, just enough snow to change the look of the place/objects, but not so much that you cannot recognise what you are looking at. Nice poem as well. I have done 3 poems on my blog.

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing style.Please keep on working hard.^^

BarbaraJo said...

A fresh blanket of purity. I love the snow.

Jules at 7-Imp said...

My, that's a lovely haiku you wrote.