Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July Parade Haiku

bike haiku

washing his bike
before the big parade;
he whistles Sousa

-Andromeda Jazmon

My son Buddy is approaching 8 years old and taking on a love of doing chores around the house and yard. Here he is cleaning his beloved bike that he rides up and down the street every available moment. He is such a great kid!


With my oldest son in Air Force Basic Training this holiday I am feeling a whole new level of patriotic. Enjoyed a fabulous parade in my parents neighborhood with my dad, my two youngest sons and some friends. Deeply appreciating all who serve in the military & their families.

Friday Poetry is at Carol's Corner this weekend. Enjoy!

1 comment:

laurasalas said...

Love the intensity of this photo, and the patriotism of the poem. Thanks for sharing, Andi. I in the military makes the 4th of July take on a whole new dimension, doesn't it?