Friday, April 16, 2010

National Poetry Month: Wisteria Haiku

evening tea;
rain on the wisteria
until sun breaks through

...-Andromeda Jazmon

I love my porch swing. It is one of my favorite spots to sit and watch the world rush by. A couple years ago I started training the wisteria that I didn't know was growing beside my porch. That story is here. Tonight I sat on the porch while waiting for the gluten free pizza crust to rise. I was just listening to the rain and watching the pitter patter of raindrops land on the wisteria blossoms. The buds are a dark purple until they start to open, when lighter lavender upper petals fold back tenderly. The centers are a wash of lightest yellow. They drip from folded stems in a pouring of lusciousness. When the sun came out and the church bells started to ring it is pure joy.

The Friday Poetry roundup is at 7-Imp today. She says it's her first time ever hosting. Can you believe that? Go see!

porch wisteria


jama said...

I love your haiga! The wisteria is beautiful and your blog is a haven. Thanks for providing a peaceful place to calm down from all the internet madness . . .

Jeannine Atkins said...

This is lovely. Even though I have to squelch my wisteria envy. It's still pretty chilly in Mass.