Friday, April 23, 2010

National Poetry Month; timeless things that last only a brief moment

(I didn't get on to post a haiku yesterday so I am giving you two today.)

april 4 051

sunshine's wealth
held in the petal's cup;
spilled by the wind
...-Andromeda Jazmon

It's one of those thrilling April days when the sunshine is warm and the chill breeze makes you want to jump and dance. We have the first grade class picnic after school and the kids are like lambs coming out of the barn. I'm bringing my chair and hoping to find a spot in the sun to watch them play. Nothing else on my agenda for right now...

april 1 030

children leaping
and buds about to flower -
hold still a minute
...-Andromeda Jazmon

 The Friday Poetry round up is at Anastasia Suen's blog Picture Book of the Day. Go enjoy!

5 comments:

TinyReader said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Thank you for these poems!

all things poetry said...

Andie,

I don't comment on all of your poetry, but I've been reading it. Wow, you are really keeping up! Amazing!

Laura Evans

Alexis said...

I loved these!! The pictures are beautiful too.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Thanks for these encouraging comments!

Elaine Magliaro said...

children leaping
and buds about to flower -
hold still a minute

Love the thought in this haiku, Andi!