Monday, April 12, 2010

National Poetry Month; soccer haiku

I missed posting this on Sunday so I'm playing catch-up this morning.

Soccer 009

Younger brother
eager for opening day;
first pair of cleats

Yesterday was the first day of spring soccer. Both of my younger boys were playing in two different games. We were at the fields all afternoon. The weather was perfect and the engery was high. I really love sitting on the sidelines watching the children running across the green, chasing those colorful soccer balls. To me it is peace and contentment. To them it is exuberance, challenge and hope.

released,
tumbling over the green grass;
boys chasing the goal

...-Andromeda Jazmon

1 comment:

Elaine Magliaro said...

My daughter played soccer from third grade through college. Actually, she even played post college--one year in a co-ed league. She was captain of her high school team when they played in the state finals.

My husband and I enjoyed watching our daughter play both indoor and outdoor soccer--as well as compete in track in the high jump, long jump, and sprints. I look back fondly on those days.