Monday, April 12, 2010

National Poetry Month; shoe haiku

Soccer 017

clean for a day,
he will run faster, jump higher;
new sneakers for spring!

...-Andromeda Jazmon

My 7 year old, Buddy, has his first pair of "high tops". It's also his first pair of shoes that are about the same size as my shoes. From here on out his feet will be bigger than mine. How did we get here so fast? Of course, since they are high-tops, we had to get new socks that would reach above the shoe top. He picked out the red stripe ones with skulls on the side. There is nothing like facing a new day with sharp new shoes that are going to make you run faster and jump higher than anyone in the world... I wish that joy for you today my friend!


Elaine Magliaro said...

I remember how much I loved getting new sneakers when I was a kid. I like the ending of your haiku--in which "spring" can have more than one meaning.

Mary Lee said...

Oh, those white white laces!!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I know! Doesn't it just bring you back to childhood joys?