Sunday, April 04, 2010

National Poetry Month; Easter Haiku

april 4 040

sorting baskets,
bringing out the bunnies;
thumbs dyed purple
...-Andromeda Jazmon

We spent a truly peaceful, relaxing day yesterday, dying Easter eggs, playing in the dirt in the backyard, and preparing to celebrate a joyful Resurrection day. The cherry trees in the front yard are in all their glory, which always reminds me of the Easter weekend seven years ago when we brought home Buddy, my second son. Yesterday we sat on the front porch, coloring and listening to birdsong. My cup of blessings overflows.

easter eggs

Happy Easter! May you find joy & a new burst of life and hope in this season of renewal.

april 4 032

I am celebrating National Poetry Month by posting haiga (original haiku + my photos) every day. Check out the wealth of poets & bloggers doing similar things listed at Kidlitosphere Central.


M.F. Atkins said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Happy Easter!

susan said...

I love coming here. Glad you're blogging again.

School over?

Lone Star Ma said...

Happy Easter!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Thanks friends, for all the encouragement. I'm not done with school yet but I can't miss NaPoMo over a little thing like homework! :)

Happy Easter to you all!