Thursday, January 07, 2010

Wizards and Tomatos

clouds
Driving home from school the other day, after a late meeting, with my two little guys in the backseat. Puck, age four, was remarking on the dark, heavy clouds on the horizon to his brother Buddy (age 7).

Puck: "Look at that! Look at that black cloud! It's a tomato cloud!
Buddy: "What do you mean tomato?"
Puck: "A tomato a tomato!! It is so black it is a tomato! It is going to be a tomato with black clouds, rain, wind, snow, and a WIZARD!!!"
Buddy: "Oh. I think you mean a tornado. And a blizzard."
Puck: "NO. It's a TOMATO."

8 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

How cute this is! I love the words of kids and the creative thoughts they offer.

Lone Star Ma said...

Too cute. I hope it wasn't a tornado.

Muse in the Fog said...

lol, so cute! And a beautiful picture too.

http://muse-in-the-fog.blogspot.com/

tanita davis said...

Dude: it is too a tomato and a wizard. And then, there's SOUP...

Mardel said...

Man, aren't kids cute sometimes?

Scriptor Senex said...

Wonderful! I wonder what great words we misused as children...

Monica @ Paper Bridges said...

love this. :)

one of my kids said a funny today and now I can't remember what it is. :(

angelfeet said...

I hope it wasn't a tomato. That could get really messy.