Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's 2010




I am joining librarian Kristen at Bookworming the 21st Century for a New Year's Eve reading party. I'll be in my pjs reading Angie Sage's Magyc, the first in the series, when the ball drops. The kids in my library love these books and I've been waiting my turn to read them. I checked the first two out to read over vacation and I am really enjoying them.

Before I put the kids to bed we'll be reading Katie and the Big Snow and Tell Me Something Happy before I Go to Sleep.

What are you reading tonight?

For my New Year's Resolutions, I have three:

1. Serve the Lord with Gladness (Psalm 100)
2.  Complete my MLS with a 4.0 GPA
3. Complete another 150 gym visits to get my refund from the health insurance company, for the second year in a row.

How about you? What are your goals for 2010?

10 comments:

Carol said...

Great resolutions! Happy New Year! Not sure what I will be reading tonight- but I just finished THE HELP, adult novel, set in Mississippi in the early 1960's. A terrific read!

campbele said...

I hope to finish Cleaves "The Other Hand" tonight.

Happiest of New Years to you!

Lone Star Ma said...

Happy New Year!

I'm still thinking about my goals.

Vasilly said...

I plan on reading Dorothea Lange: A Life Beyond Limits by Linda Gordon tonight. One of my new year's resolutions is to become a better student.Good luck on all your resolutions.

Happy New Year!

Mary Lee said...

I want the gym visit refund from MY health insurance! What a great motivator!!

Have a fabulous 2010!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

YAY! Thanks for sharing what you're reading. And a very Happy, healthy, wonderful new year to all of you!

Charlotte said...

I read all five of the Septimus Heap books this fall, and enjoyed them tons! Happy reading (and Happy New Year)!

Carol J. Amato said...

Good luck finishing your MLS! That's a great goal!

Donna Perugini said...

I love your number one New Year's resolution! With that in mind, you'll do beautifully on your MLS.

As for the gym, if they offered that option in my health insurance...wow! I'd love it because I do go to the gym!

We're well into 2010 (Oct)now and I've been working toward re-issuing my children's books. This next week will be full of preparations for the launch. The Author Website is the last thing to go up and then the giveaways, book reviewers, etc. Can't say it was a resolution, but it was definitely a goal!

I found you on Sally Murphy's blog. Nice to meet you!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Donna, thanks for commenting. I am enjoying my efforts to serve the Lord with gladness! I finished the MLS with great joy in August! Yippee! I missed the 150 gym visits by a couple days boo.

Congratulations on your launch!