Sunday, August 02, 2009

Twitter friends meme

I saw this meme on A Year of Reading. Franki says she learns a lot from her Tweeple and I agree. I get new ideas and links to great resources every day. In the last couple weeks or so almost all my computer time has been swallowed up in trying to finish grad school assignments for my YA Lit course. This week I will finish the book list of YA novels I've read for the class (listed on GoodReads and linked in my sidebar) and have some time for blogging again. I'm feeling quite out of touch so it is really nice to see all my Twitter friends lined up. I have actually cut down on the number of folks I follow to keep it manageable.

I am afraid the brevity of book chat on Twitter and GoodReads has spoiled me for long blog posts. I am in a summer mindset and just can't muster the burning desire to write reviews longer than a couple sentences. Maybe a curse of Twitter?

I am starting a Twitter account for my school library, doing book chats and links for parents and teachers. Even though I haven't been Tweeting daily there I am getting followers just by being a librarian. I think it will be a fun way to share our library with the community.

If you have suggestions of other bookish or edtech folks to follow leave me a comment please!

Get your twitter mosaic here.

So, here are the rules:
1. Go to to create your mosaic (you can choose friends or followers).
2. Copy the code and paste it into a blog entry.
3. Reflect and comment on your mosaic.
4. Tag some “tweeples.”
5. Link back to this post or the post where you were first tagged.

I am not tagging anyone specifically because I think a lot of y'all are on vacation. If you are reading this and think it looks like fun, jump in!


ReadingTub said...

Andi - I love your photography, poetry, and prose ... No surprise you're getting followers. Thanks for the mosaic.

Mary Lee said...

I'm wondering about a Twitter account for my classroom...

Mary Lee said...

Wait a minute! I can't believe I just wrote that! I'm the one who just got done bringing Twitter down to a manageable level of noise! So...strike that from the record. I will NOT consider a Twitter account for my classroom, no how, no way!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

LOL Mary Lee!!! I am wondering if it will get to be too much for me too. I guess it depends on how many people follow & I follow them. At least it counts as "work" & can be done during the school day.

I think.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

ReadingTub - thanks for those kind words! I feel like I haven't been a good blogger lately so that really cheers me up.