Friday, July 03, 2009

Raspberry Season Haiku

raspberries.JPG

picking raspberries,
trying to decide: sorbet
or raspberry jam?

- Andromeda Jazmon

picking raspberries

I'm telling you there is nothing sweeter and more delicious than homemade raspberry jam on fresh baked bread. Unless it's ice cold homemade raspberry sorbet...

raspberry sorbet

We like our raspberry sorbet with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

It's something to contemplate while you are out in the hot sun, fighting prickers, avoiding bumblebees and listening to the birds scream at you for stealing their fruit.

The Friday Poetry roundup is at Tabatha A. Yeatts' blog. Happy 4th if you're American. Enjoy your weekend!!

10 comments:

Jules at 7-Imp said...

Mmm. I vote for...BOTH. (But I'd probably eat the sorbet first.)

I love that: Birds screaming at us for stealing their fruit.

Lone Star Ma said...

MMMMmmmmmm....they tell me raspberries won't grow here because we rarely get a solid freeze and they apparently need one.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Lone Star Ma that is really too bad! Jules guess what? I DID make both today! The boys and I went for a walk in the woods and then picked more raspberries. I made strawberry-raspberry jam and raspberry sorbet when we got home. Tomorrow we go to the parade and then take the sorbet over to my parent's for the holiday cookout. Can't wait!

Color Online said...

Sounds and looks good.

Enjoy your holiday.

Mary Lee said...

My mouth is WATERING!

Yat-Yee said...

Do you happen to live nearby? Raspberry sorbet with chocolate sauce! Someone please stop me from trying to lick my computer screen.

Lone Star Ma said...

For real!

Shelley said...

Oh my goodness, that looks unbelievably delicious!

Have been thinking about you all day today off and on as I worked on a book recommendation post over at But Wait, There's More!

Glad to see you and the boys are doing well!

tanita davis said...

Wow -- what a lovely snippet of childhood the boys will have to look back on. What a tasty dollop of summer...

Elaine Magliaro said...

Andi,

I go with sorbet. Nothing like homemade goodness.

Have a great Fourth of July with the boys!