Friday, April 24, 2009

New leaves; spring haiku

apr 23 002

hours ago
winter's dry sticks;
now green and hungry

apr 23 004

leaves so fresh
no bug has drawn juice;
praise be!

apr 23 001

damp from birth
and fuzzed with wonder;
April leaves

-Andromeda Jazmon

Friday Poetry is hosted by Lisa Chellman today. Enjoy!


Neverending Story said...

Enjoyed these, especially the last one - fuzzed with wonder

Elaine Magliaro said...


Ditto what the last commenter said. Love the "fuzzed with wonder"

No green leaves opening on the trees around here yet. At least our forsythia is adding color to the scenery.

Stephen Bess said...

This is fantastic haiku! Love it.

Kelly said...

Beautiful haikus and photographs! I am watching my forest pop with green buds as I sit outside with my laptop!
I love spring!

Jules at 7-Imp said...

Beautiful. Have I ever thanked you for blogging, for your lovely poetry and photos? What a refreshing break it provides in one's day....

jama said...

Thanks for the beauty in words and photos!

Mary Lee said...

I can't read your post without hearing Robert in my ear: "Nature's first green is gold..."

Karen E. said...

How lovely! I, too, esp. loved "damp from birth and fuzzed with wonder" ... what a great image.

Fiddler said...

Wonderful verses, gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing them.