Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Basket Books 2009

apr 9 029

For the last three years I have posted a list of what's in our Easter Baskets. Along with the chocolate and stuffed bunnies I like to include a bunch of good books. Here are the posts from 2006, 2007, and 2008. We've got everything from baby board books to beginning readers and chapter books to adult titles. It's interesting to me to see the way my boys have grown over the last four years through the books we've bought.

This year I have:

For Punkin (4 years old)

Dinothesaurus: Prehistoric Poems and Paintings by Douglas Florian
Stories Huey Tells by Ann Cameron
Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A Veggie Tales Movie (DVD)







For Buddy (6 years old)

The Stories Julian Tells by Ann Cameron
More Stories Julian Tells by Ann Cameron
Veggie Tales: The Wonderful Wizard of Ha's (DVD)









What's in your Easter Baskets?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I love this tradition! William doesn't eat many sweets at all, so his basked contains:
bubbles,a few wind-up and friction toys, glitter glue, watercolor paints, and a new Webkinz. He's also getting the books AFRICAN CRITTERS, ANIMALS UP CLOSE, and DINOTHESAURUS.

I hope you and your boys have a wonderful day!

Vasilly said...

My mother started the same tradition when my brother and I were children. This year I'm putting A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, The Baby-Sitters Club, along with books by Bob Shea and Roald Dahl in my kids baskets. Have a great weekend!