Wednesday, April 29, 2009

100 Days

so much depends upon
a strong brown hand
raised above the crowd

-Andromeda Jazmon

Not my photo today, but in honor of his first 100 days in office my haiku is for our President Barack Obama. God Bless him and our country.

From the white house flickr stream: "While speaking at the Miguel Contreras Learning Center, Los Angeles, President Barack Obama's gestures 3/19/09.
Official White House Photo by Pete Souza "

See a slide show of the set


AmpersandToo said...

simple truth. love the photo too.

tanita davis said... much else depends upon
strong wide shoulders
-- all shades --
holding him up.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Yes tanita! Thank you for adding that!

Jules at 7-Imp said...

I love that picture.

Elaine Magliaro said...


Well done!

Annie said...

I sent your 100 Days haiku to my friend who hosts Barack Haiku website. He'd love 4 U 2 share.