Friday, March 13, 2009

spring haiku

some sun

spring wind
ruffles puffs of dark clouds;
chasing the sun

paperwhites & aloe

paper white blossoms
bend over my windowsill
catching light

pussy willows

one day cold dry sticks
next day soft gray buds appear;
pussy willow paws

You can only imagine how delighted I was yesterday to find a well-used florist box on my porch after the mailman came by. My aunt had sent me this bouquet of pussy willow branches from her yard. I was just wishing I had some! The sun has been in and out of dark clouds all week. I am watching light play over the paperwhites on the windowsill.

This has been one of the most difficult & painful weeks that I can ever remember. Every kind word and encouraging comment has been deeply appreciated. Each day is a little better than the last.

The Friday Poetry roundup is at The Miss Rumphius Effect. Enjoy!


jama said...

What beautiful poems and photos! LOVE "pussy willow paws."

Sorry to hear you had a challenging week. Hope next week is better. Take care!

Yat-Yee said...

You've captured so much beauty and hope in your photos and haikus, I just know you'll overcome the ugly, the unpleasant, the downright awful.

Hang in there! May you receive many more boxes of pussy willows.

Kelly said...

Gorgeous photos and haikus!
Take care.

Janet said...

A satisfying draught of beauty, as always.

Sending hopeful thoughts your way.

Scriptor Senex said...

May each day continue to get better and better...

Shelley said...

Healing is (frustratingly) not linear.

But it does happen.

Hang in there, sweet you. (Mostly recovered from food poisoning, over here.)

Julie said...

Hope things get better soon.

Cloudscome said...

Thank you friends! Today was a little better than yesterday. I am distracting myself by reading great books, working on grad school assignments and watching the sun chase the clouds across my flowers. I am sure next week will be better.

susan said...

There is so much beauty and peace in your space. Know that I am holding you in the Light and affirming your whole and perfect self. Peace, susan.

Carol said...

Beautiful haiku, beautiful photographs!

Mary Lee said...

Here's to healing day after healing day -- your body and spirit mirrored in the blooming earth.

laurasalas said...

Those pussy willow paws...sigh. Love them.

Keep seeing the beauty, Andi. It's your gift.


SE'LAH... said...

wonderful photos. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Deborah Godin said...

These all focus in on the emerging season like a laser - a soft gentle laser - lovely!