Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 18 Haiku

we are all purple

lifting holy hands
purple crocus testifies -
once again its spring!


Elaine Magliaro said...

Love those crocuses. Happy (Almost) Spring!

tanita s. davis said...

ooh. Yours are so vibrantly colored; we're still on False Crocuses here -- yes. There are apparently some flowers that mimic, but are only a pale lavender instead of purple -- but I shall now go a'hunting for the real deal!

Cloudscome said...

Tanita we have those pale lavender ones too - they bloom first and I always mark their arrival with joy. I wouldn't call them false, just early. ;)

Happy Spring Elaine, Tanita, and all!

Cloudscome said...

I went back and edited this haiku today. I changed the middle line from:

"crocus tells a purple tale"

to: "purple crocus testifies"

I wanted to reinforce the worshiper image in the first line by using more "churchy" language. Do you think that works better?