Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Great Books not yet nominated for Cybils



Tomorrow is the last day to name your favorite books from 2008 for a Cybils award! If you haven't yet spoken up now is the time. Over one hundred children's book bloggers are on commitees eagerly waiting to review all the best books published between Jan. 1 and Oct. 15, 2008. It only takes one mention for a book to be on the list and sent to the review committee in nine categories:



All you have to do is leave a comment with title and author in the above linked posts. If someone else has already mentioned your favorites you don't want to repeat it though, because that is like wasting your vote. Because it's kind of hard to read through all the comments to check what's been left out I offer you a few suggestions of books I like that I don't see in the comments yet:


Fiction Picture Books:







Fleas! by Jeanne Steig


Mother Reader has a list of what's missing too.

Middle Grade Fiction:




(this book is a story told in verse, which as I understand it, means it does not go in the Poetry category but in Middle Grade Fiction)


Here's a list of what HAS been nominated by Semicolon.

Miss Rumphius has the list of what's been nominated for Non Fiction Picture books.

1 comment:

YNL said...

I'm trying to get someone to nominate Tyrannosaurus Drip by Julia Donaldson for Picture books. I finally got to it last night and I just loved it, so did my boys.