Friday, October 10, 2008

Cybils: Poetry books not yet nominated

The Cybils are the "Children's & Young Adult Blogger's Literary Awards." This is the only book award started, run and awarded by bloggers. We focus on the very best books with strong kid appeal that have been published in the last year. Anyone can nominate one book in each category. I've used my votes already so I'm going to list some suggestions for those of you who haven't done it yet.

Books not yet nominated for POETRY: (updated Sat. night)

Adventures of Isabel by Ogden Nash

Awful Ogre running wild by Jack Prelutsky

Carrots to cupcakes : reading, writing, and reciting poems about food by Susan M. Freese

Come and play : children of our world having fun by Bloomsbury

Keepers : treasure-hunt poems by John Frank

My dog may be a genius : poems by Jack Prelutsky

Please note: Each book only needs to be nominated ONCE. If it's on the list it will be carefully considered by the panel. Only the very best four or five books will be chosen in each category to go to the judges, who will then pick one winner. It doesn't make a difference how many people have nominated it.

Please check the comments at the Cybils site to see if your pick has already been named. If it's on the list add your second choice. Thanks so much for participating!

Check out all the rest of the categories and check the comments to see what's been nominated:

Nominated Books by Genre

Fantasy and Science Fiction
Fiction Picture Books
Graphic Novels
Middle Grade Fiction
Non-fiction: Middle Grade and Young Adult
Non-fiction Picture BooksPoetryYoung Adult Fiction
Easy Readers


Yat-Yee said...

I'll definitely check out some of these volumes. Thanks for the list.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

Thanks for the pointers! I nominated Black Stars in a White Night Sky. I found with some of the other categories that the books I would have nominated had already been mentioned, so I was running out of ideas.

shelburns said...

I nominated Baby face : a book of love for baby by Cynthia Rylant. Thanks for the tip as I didn't have a poetry nomination.

Mary Lee said...

Thank you SO much for the public service announcement! I took care of A River of Words. LOVE that book!

Tricia said...

Thanks for the announcement. The book about Williams has been nominated in Nonfiction Picture books, so I'm secretly hoping it doesn't get moved to poetry, as I really want to see it!

Charlotte said...

I took care of Isabelle!