Sunday, August 17, 2008

Garden Tour: Butterflies and Geraniums

The best blooms in my garden right now are the geraniums on the porch.

Aug. 16 017

Aug. 16 007

My buddleia (butterfly bush) is also covered with blooms. I've noticed fewer butterflies this year, however. Have you?

Aug. 16 011

I've seen this worn-looking little guy regularly in the past couple days.

Aug. 16 016

I have yellow swallowtails coming in twos and threes, but not the usual numbers. No skippers or red admirals. Where are they?

Please join in the Garden Tour if you are posting about gardens this week. Add your link in the comments and we'll come visit.


alotalot said...

I have noticed fewer butterflies this summer, for sure! In fact, I can't remember the last one I saw. Hmmm. Your geraniums are lovely. I always plant them because they remind me of my grandma!

Gawdess said...

these photos and your flowers and the butterflies are all so beautiful

Michelle said...

We raised a monarch butterfly this year. I wonder where he will end up.