Monday, May 26, 2008

Mixed Experience History Month links

For today's Nonfiction Monday post I am not going to review a book. I just want to link to a great blog called Light-skinned girl. She is doing a series of biographies of Mixed-race individuals for the month of May. She says,
"I've changed the official name to Mixed Experience History Month because it's important to highlight not only Mixed individuals, but also important historical events in the Mixed experience. Also, this year, I will profile people who are not necessarily Mixed but who are involved in the Mixed experience. Look for profiles of accomplished people involved with the Mixed experience each weekday of the month--specifically focusing on important historical figures. "


The entries are very interesting and educational. I've learned about important people I knew very little about previously. In the past few weeks she's done:

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a fabulous site -- thanks for bringing this blog to my attention!

Lone Star Ma said...

Very cool.