- The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
- Each player answers the questions about themselves.
- At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
- Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
- in April, May and June I was on maternity leave with my newly adopted second son :)
- unaware that I am celiac and still eating gluten (diagnosed 4 years ago)
- into birding, tai chi, knitting, reading and gardening (still true)
- oblivious to blogging and online forums (!)
- working as a library media specialist (my current job)
- teaching first grade
- working a paper route to save money to buy my first computer
- taking a summer class at the community college to learn about the Internet
- doing foster care for infants in the summer
- living in an apartment with my one and only son (he was 10 years old)
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
- go to physical therapy
- faculty meeting after school
- work on final report cards
- work on curriculum mapping; catching up with this year's classes
- take a walk in the sunshine
- cheddar cheese and rice crackers
- strawberries and yogurt
- gf chocolate cookies
- gf rice chex
- m & ms or snickers bars
- buy long term care insurance for myself, my parents and my siblings
- put aside college money for my sons
- donate to charities and schools (I have a long list in mind)
- support John Edwards in his plan for cutting poverty in half in the next 10 years by investing in great daycare centers
- start a writer's retreat center for single moms, with on-site childcare and fully funded grants
What are five of your bad habits?
- leaving paperwork in stacks
- not balancing my checkbook
- slap-dash cleaning (ignoring the corners)
- grumbling and complaining
- thinking I can do more than is possible in the given time until suddenly I rush around in a panic and arrive late (is there one word for that?)
What are five places where you have lived?
- upstate NY
- Philadelphia & suburbs
- suburban Cleveland OH
- Daqing, China
- western PA
What are five jobs you've had?
- resident assistant in dorm
- waitress/restaurant help
- lawn mower repair shop counter person
What five people do you want to tag?