- fitness guidelines for kids from 6 -12
- guidelines for selecting equipment for popular sports
- detailed meal plans for good food that has kid-appeal
- guidelines for kids' exercise plans, with photos and details about warm up stretches, weight lifting, etc.
- advice for coaches and parent - coach partnerships
- guide to common injuries and their management
- key information about drugs and alcohol
- Q & A for the most common questions
My favorite chapters are the ones on what sports equipment you will need for different sports, the exercise guide, the descriptions and treatment for common injuries, and the meal plans. There are some yummy recipes using fresh, healthy ingredients put into diet plans in categories like "World Series Game" and "NBA Finals".
I highly recommend this book for families with kids and coaches working with kids in sports programs. Good, balanced advice in an easily accessed format.
The Monday Nonfiction round up is at Picture Book of the Day.