Friday, April 04, 2008

April 4 Haiku

vine close up

a ravenous vine
planning new territories
uncurls tenderly

April is National Poetry Month. I plan to post a haiga (haiku and image) every day. It's not to late if you want to join in! Just let me know what you are doing and I'll add you to my list of blogs featuring poetry this month.


Today's Friday Poetry round up is at Becky's Book Reviews.

Next week I am hosting the roundup for Friday Poetry right here at a wrung sponge. I've been involved in an exciting sonnet project with some other poet bloggers over the past winter. During next Friday's poetry posting extravaganza we are going to let everyone know what we've been up to and it's really exciting! Make sure you stop by for the unveiling.




9 comments:

Mary Lee said...

I can't wait for the sonnet news next week!

Sara said...

Your photos get even more gorgeous each week. And the ominous words of your haiku! Such a perfect counter to the innocence of that image. I shiver...

TadMack said...

Ravenous: the perfect word for beautiful bougainvillea!!!

jama said...

Ravenous, yet tender. Gorgeous photo, as always. Loving the haigas!

Karen E. said...

Great photo and great with your haiku.

writer2b said...

No fair. Too short! I look forward to reading your PF posts, and this one just doesn't go on long enough! :-)

Lovely photo and haiku. Looking forward to next week's revelation!

Cloudscome said...

LOL you are right. It felt a little short to me too, but sometimes that's a relief!

I also admit I got a chill from this haiku. Taking the photo gave me that feeling too. I've been noticing that the invasive weeds are waking up sooner than many native species. This vine is poised to choke the tree it grows on. The Multiflora Rose, a weed that is taking over woods, fields, brush, road edges, etc., has been leafing out since January. It is almost impossible to get rid off. The honeysuckle, another invasive weed, can be seen choking out forcythia. It is ominous.

And yet... they are so beautiful an delicate!

Jone said...

What a lovely haiga. I must get photos with haiku as well.

a. fortis said...

An incongruous and lovely image (verbally and visually)--ravenous but tender.