Thursday, April 03, 2008

April 3 Haiku

tete a tete 2

nodding to one another;
are they watching me?

This photo was taken in the garden outside the middle school. Little clumps of tiny tete-a-tete daffodils are scattered over the mulch. I couldn't help thinking they looked like groups of friends whispering and laughing and checking each other out. At the same time, of course, extremely conscious of how they look to others - beautiful? good enough? dressed right? God's gift to the world?

April is National Poetry Month. I plan to post a haiga (haiku and image) every day.


TadMack said...

Jeepers, that's a clear, bright shot. Oh, how I long for the sun...

Marianne H. Nielsen said...

I love your haikus and your pictures. We still have the winter scene here. No sign of daffodils yet :) That's why I'm enjoying your pictures so much, I suppose!

:: Suzanne :: said...

HA! I've been chuckling over this all day. Thanks.