Thursday, February 28, 2008

Poetry links

I've been trying to keep up with my blog reading but am failing miserably. This is report card writing season so I have to keep blogging as a reward for good teacherly behavior. This morning I am doing well so I got to read up on Poet Mom's blog. She linked to these interesting sites on Boarders bookstore's websites:

"Borders (the book-store chain) had created a sort-of interactive section on their site for poetry. Open-Door Poetry is a stylized video presentation on poets discussing poetry and reading their works. The series includes readings by Donald Hall, Paul Muldoon, Patricia Smith, and Mark Strand, yet most of the poets featured are "transformative" poets who do not fit the clich├ęd image of a poet.

There is a free poetry contest: the top five poems submitted in text and video will be published with Strand in a "Best of" collection. And you can get free poetry advice from Paul Muldoon. The site also has a blog, which, I believe, doubles as a space for freewriting."

Woo Hoo! Sounds like fun. I submitted a couple of my poems just for the heck of it. Thanks for the inspiration Poet Mom!

And then there's Greggory K., over at GottaBook. He's started a Fib "lens"at Squidoo. Another interesting online addiction for me? Perhaps...

Now I'm going over to get some free poetry advice. Who's with me?

4 comments:

Teeny Poet said...

Hi, I saw that you are a librarian, and I think that I made a really good poetry site, and was wondering if you would check it out for me and tell me what you think of it. Peace

laurasalas said...

Cool! Thanks, Andi. Will check this out!

Gregory K. said...

I had addiction fears, too, when it came to squidoo. so far... uh... well, I wouldn't call it addiction, but there are a lot of interesting lenses over there on all sorts of bizarrely fascinating things. Who knew?

Thanks for the shout out....

January said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and good luck with the contest!