Wednesday, February 20, 2008

At the Library Reference Desk

bars

Second graders in the library (while flipping through Time magazine):
Kid 1: "Who do you want to win, the girl or the brown guy?"
Kid 2: "The girl, because her husband was president already."
Kid 3: "No he wasn't because if he was a president before now he would be dead."
Kid 2: "No he isn't. But I want the brown guy because my mom wants me to be the first mixed girl president when I grow up."
**********************************************

And for something completely different, here is your helpful link of the day:
Websites to Learn Web 2.0

6 comments:

TadMack said...

Go Mixed Girl!

How cute she is, yet in a real sense the cool thing is that the idea of a Brown Guy for president gives credence to the idea that a Mixed Girl could be one, too.

Elaine Magliaro said...

I do miss listening to the talk among young children. They do have some interesting conversations, don't they?

Songbird said...

This is the best thing I've heard all day. It gives me hope.

Susan said...

How funny! I love this story.

Susan

Shelley said...

How completely COOL is that? And a child shall lead them...

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

This is so much more hopeful than my daughter's dream ticket of Giuliani and H.Clinton! (http://tony.dowler.com/2007/12/my-daughter-names-her-dream-ticket.html)