Wednesday, January 09, 2008

January Book Stack

little cloud

I haven't posted a book review for a while and I feel bad about that, but I'm in the middle of a bunch of books and can't write about them yet. Here's a list of what I'm reading this month:

Poetry:

Sonnets from Dante to the Present by John Hollander

Every Shut Eye Ain't Asleep: An Anthology of Poetry by African Americans since 1945 by Michael S. Harper and Anthony Walton

Adult Nonfiction:

Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
Weaving a Family; Untangling Race and Adoption by Barbara Katz Rothman
Birthmarks: Transracial Adoption in Contemporary America by Sandra Patton
The American Dream and the Power of Wealth: Choosing Schools and Inheriting Inequality in the Land of Opportunity by Heather Beth Johnson

What I want to read next:
Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis

What I'm reading to K -2 library classes:

Rosa by Nikki Giovanni
The Story of Ruby Bridges by Robert Coles
Don't Hold Me Back by Winfred Rembert
The Wild Swans by Hans Christian Andersen
Whistle for Willie by Ezra Jack Keats
Peter's Chair by Ezra Jack Keats (etc. more Keats books)


What My Kids are Asking for at bedtime:


Train books, train books, and more train books.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh boy, did I read train books for a LONG time. We still read them occasionally, but now that we do chapter books and longer picture books, they don't appear as often. However, there were months and months on end when that was all we read! Hang in there!

susan said...

I loved Ezra Jack Keats as a child and there are so many good reads on your list. Looking forward to your reviews and I'm adding some to my tbr list. Come by. Sit a spell. I enjoy your company.