Thursday, January 17, 2008

I am a Winner!

You know how when you go to ALA Midwinter the venders in the exhibition hall have all those gift baskets of books and goodies that they are giving away? And you put your business card in the bowl or fill out the address form hoping you will win? Well last week I prepared myself by printing up a bunch of business cards (I don't usually have any handy) and I dropped them in all the raffle bowls at every publisher's table in the exhibition.

I never got an email or a call so I thought I hadn't won. Surprise!! Today I got a box of books from Farrar, Straus, & Giroux full of books by Ruth White. YAY! These are the titles:

Belle Prater's Boy (1997 Newbery Honor book)

The Search for Bell Prater

Tadpole

Way down Deep

Weeping Willow

Sweet Creek Holler

Buttermilk Hill

Memories of Summer

I had picked up a free ARC of The House of Djinn by Suzanne Fisher Staples at their display too, so now my To Be Read shelf is overflowing. I am a happy camper!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

You lucky duck. Congratulations!

Jen Robinson said...

Congratulations! Winning anything is fun, and winning books ... the best! (I won a big stack of books in a raffle at the KidLit Conference last year).

Shelley said...

Woo hoo! Happy reading and congrats.

Lone Star Ma said...

OHMYGOD - A Shabanu book! I LOVED Shabanu! Haveli was only okay, but Shabanu was so good I will read everything she ever writes ever! JOY!

And congratulations(:

laurasalas said...

Awww...we all knew you were a winner, anyway! But congrats on the books:>)

readingwritingliving said...

Wow, fantastic! It's fun to win stuff, especially books.