Saturday, November 10, 2007

Poetry in Place results

One of the things I really love about Saturdays now is that I have a whole day of poetry to read! I can't be online as much on the weekends because of these short people running around always hungry at my house, but I keep trying to find little snatches of time when they are busy to come here and read poetry. YAY!

This week you can go right here to my Friday Poetry roundup and click all the links to read, read, read. I just open them all in tabs and browse away. Leave some comments too, please, for all these posters. We love comments! It is encouraging to know others are grooving on the poetry we post.

I want to do some special highlights of all the brave souls who planned to post poetry IRL this week for the Poetry in Place project.

Sara at Read, Write, Believe was a big encouragement to me to go ahead with this project, so I am really happy to hear she is memorizing a poem, doing a podcast, and she posted it in the gazebo where many will enjoy it.

Trisha at Miss Rumphius posted one of her own Centos in a gazebo too - wonderful!

MotherReader is posting concrete poetry by the water fountain. I can just see people dribbling water all down their chins while they read “The Little House”. I hope there are photos coming!

Kelly at Big A, little a is sharing a poem from Yolen and Stemple's Shape Me a Rhyme. I can't wait to hear the reaction at the rink.

Daphne at Fertile Ground is posting a carrot poem in the grocery store. This one really tickles me. Carrots are the one vegetable all three of my boys like. I want to see that poem in my grocery store!

I heard a rumor that was going to post some Dylan Thomas at the metro station. How did that go I wonder? Which poem?

And how about Susan saying she was going to post Tree Traffic at the nature center? Those squirrels have the run of my trees, that's for sure.

Anyone else? Did I miss anyone? Leave me a comment if you put up some ink and paper poetry around your neighborhood.


Gina MarySol Ruiz said...

I left this in the Metro Station on Hollywood and Vine.

And Death Shall Have No Dominion

And death shall have no dominion.
Dead men naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.

Read the rest here

It seemed a great poem to commemorate his birthday with.

Cloudscome said...

Wow Gina that ought to knock everyone's socks off!