Saturday, November 10, 2007

November 10 Haiku

that maple

two strangers
stopped in their tracks by this tree;
holding the light


Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I've been stopped in my tracks by trees such as this one.

By the way, I posted sheet music for the "Lantern Song" plus directions how to play the tune (on the virtual keyboard) for those who don't read music:

Overwhelmed! said...

What a beautiful picture! I'd stop in my tracks if I were presented with this tree!

Cloudscome said...

Yes! You know, I can see this tree out my second floor window and I have been trying to photograph it for over a week. I was in my car driving out and I had to stop and run over to get this shot.There were two of us marveling over it.

It wasn't really a stranger standing there with his camera phone, taking his own picture, it was a friend and workmate of mine, but I thought "stranger" worked better for the poem. It was a precious moment.

Cloudscome said...

Aleklda, that keyboard is TOO FUN. Thank you for the music - you made our day over here. You are too much.

TadMack said...

Living in the city for the first time since I was a small child, I find I'm missing the leaves, yearning to gather them and scatter them in the living room (and then sneeze for weeks as they crumble into dust)... thank you so much for posting such glorious pictures. You're feeding my city-benighted soul with your pictures and poetry.