Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October 9 Haiku


i thought it was dead;
pushed to the back of the porch
this aloe thrives


laura salas said...

I like this tough little poem and plant! And in keeping with my thinking of plants as writing metaphors lately, isn't this true of some ideas/projects, too. Sometimes I just have to leave them alone to let them thrive.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Aloe can be hard to kill. I had some on the front porch last year and it was pretty cold by the time it finally bit the dust.

Daphne said...

This is really what aloes do, isn't it? We have some aloes that started in my husband's grandma's house and despite multiple transplants and neglect, several are still alive.

Mrs. G. said...

I love a good haiku. An aloe plant is one of the few plants I have managed to keep alive. Like my kids, they seem to thrive on benign neglect.