Tuesday, August 28, 2007

To Do List

Trisha at Miss Rumphius Effect is doing a Monday Poetry Stretch on list poems this week. Since making lists is much on my mind as we get ready for school to start next week, I thought I would give it a whirl.

To Do List for the Last Week in August

Clean cookie crumbs from the children's car seats
Knit three pairs of wool pants
Scrub fruit bins in the fridge
Buy new shoes for all of us
Pick ripe figs and learn to make fig cookies

Eat all the fig cookies
Sit still, watching monarch butterflies
Find and hang more bird feeders for the goldfinches
Wander down the beach searching for sea shells
Make more fig cookies

Take everyone to the dentist
Get oldest son new glasses
Sort and take old toys to re-sale shop
Pick zucchini & make zucchini bread
Grate and freeze more zucchini
Rub noses with littlest son and whisper I love you

Plan more play dates
Read the rest of the books on June's list
Sign middle son up for soccer
Sew buttons on baby sweater gift and MAIL IT
Finish last year's scrap books
Sit in porch swing & gaze at the moon rising

Play trains on the living room floor
Make fig ice cream (zucchini?)
Stay up late watching stars
Grill burgers & call the neighbors over
Light sparklers and dance in the dark
Chase soap bubbles at 7 am in PJs

Write lesson plans for the month of September.

-Andromeda Jazmon


Camille said...

You are going to accomplish more in one week than I managed in an entire summer. That last week before the start of school does seem to fill up with all the things I should have done earlier in the season.

Andrea said...

man, you are ambitious!

just get the rubbing noses thing done. it's the most important thing on the list ;)

Gawdess said...

love the poem and the picture!
How do you make fig cookies?

Left-handed Trees... said...

Sounds like a busy to-do list!

cloudscome said...

Ha ha you guys know I believe in poetic license. I always pad my to do list with a few things I have no intention of doing and a few things I already did. That makes it easier to set priorities. The fun stuff is what I mean to get done!

cloudscome said...

Fig cookies - I am working hard on that one! I'll post about it after I do some more research.

Mary Lee said...

Ah, a list maker after my own heart -- especially adding things to the list that you've already done. So that you have more to cross off? Works for me!