Sunday, July 15, 2007

Watering the Garden

I can't think of a better way to start the day than waking up before my boys and taking my coffee out to the garden. I take the hose around watering everything and checking on all my favorites.


This is a new rosemary plant just potted this summer. I think I bought a prostrate variety this time and it is coming along nicely.


My Tomato Bush Big Boy. They are not getting as tall as I expected but they are covered with little green gems. My mouth is watering already!

sage flowers.JPG

Variegated Sage flowers. I bought this variety just to add color to the herb pot. I haven't tried it in any cooking yet. I am really enjoying cooking with the other sage and the Italian herbs in the pot. I made a killer meatloaf this week with basil, oregano, marjoram, and parsley. It is gluten free and has Parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs to hold it together.

first fig.JPG

Our first fig to ripen. The tree is covered in tiny green figs. Buddy has been watching them and begging to try one. He is going to be so happy to see this one!


Dark-leaved Hosta flowers. How delicate and lovely these flowers are! I don't usually get up close to really appreciate them.

What's in your garden today?


Stephanie said...

I also love to go out before the kids get up.

Here is my garden tour:
Garden Surprises

Gentle Reader said...

I love your picture of rosemary! I don't have pictures this week, but I've got variegated sage in my garden, too. And my little cherry tomatoes are ripe (I live in Southern California). I have a few new heirloom tomatoes I'm looking forward to, also...I'll try to visit again, I love the garden tour!

Sara said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of your garden! Figs! You have figs!

Love your photos. So nicely framed.

Mo said...

Your sage is coming along quite nicely, and I'm a bit green that you've got ripening figs already - mine are all still little green balls!

Great pics of a lovely garden. Thanks for sharing them.

cloudscome said...

Thanks for joining in all of you! I am glad to hear what is happening in your gardens too. Isn't it amazing how everyone has something different coming out?