Monday, July 02, 2007

Plastic Water Bottles?

I heard a great interview on NPR the other day. It was (Bottled Water: A Symbol of US Commerce, Culture) with Charles Fishman, author of an article published in Fast Company magazine about the bottled water industry. His article is entitled "Message in a Bottle." I was going to try to write a post about what I learned about bottled water, but then I saw another blogger already did a great job so I am just linking her.

Unplug Your Kids heard the same interview and did a great post.

Then there is this information about plastics leaching chemicals into your water. Read this if you and your kids drink from plastic bottles especially!


2 comments:

Mom Unplugged said...

Thanks for the link to my post. It was an interesting story wasn't it?

Your links about the plastic are very interesting. Yet another reason to avoid bottled water. One of my readers commented that she bought some stainless steel bottles to use for transporting drinking water.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I bought some plastic water bottles that are supposed to be good for repeat uses. I hate buying bottled water (unless it has bubbles in it!), and would much rather fill my bottles with filtered tap water.

The best water I've EVER had was in Austria. It's just amazing. It's good to drink good to shower in (my husband said he didn't need conditioner after he washed his long hair)... sigh. Good water. I liked the water in Rome,too, because of the public fountains.