Friday, July 13, 2007

Black Threads

Kyra E. Hicks, author of Martha Ann's Quilt for Queen Victoria and Black Threads: An African American Quilting Sourcebook the blog Black Threads in Kid's Lit is collecting a list of all the children's picture books written or illustrated by an African American and copyrighted in 2007. She is compiling monthly lists. She started the project after noticing there were no discussions of mock Coretta Scott King awards, as there are for the Caldecott and the Newbery. She's asking for suggestions of books you would add to her lists. What do you think?

Thanks to Devas T. for the heads up.

2 comments:

librarygrl said...

I think that's great. I've already added my titles.

egee said...

I DO AGREE AND THAT IS WHY I MADE MY VERY FIRST PICTURE BOOK HONORING AFRICAN AMERICAN BABIES YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT ON MY BLOG SITE GO TO WWW.ELGBOOKSANDDOLLS.COM I WOULD LOVE TO BE FEATURED ON YOUR SITE! THANKS EVELYN G.
BLOGSITE IS PICTURE BOOK AND DOLL