Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Summer Reading List 2007

summer reading.JPG


1. Atwell, Nancie, In the middle
2. Calkins, Lucy, Raising lifelong learners
3. Graves, Donald, Writing
4. Calkins, Lucy McCormick, The art of teaching writing
5. Phelan, Thomas, 1-2-3 magic
6. Siegel, Daniel, Parenting From the Inside Out

Middle Grade chapter books:

7. DuPrau, Jeanne, The prophet of Yonwood
8. Collins, Suzanne, Gregor and the curse of the warmbloods
9. Collins, Suzanne, Gregor and the marks of secret
10. Farmer, Nancy, The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm
11. Skelton, Matthew, Endymion Spring
12. De Mari, Silvana, The last dragon
13. Farmer, Nancy, A girl named Disaster
14. Erdrich, Louise, The game of silence
15. Erdrich, Louise, The birchbark house
16. Cheng, Andrea, Honeysuckle house
17. Watkins, Yoko Kawashima, So far from the bamboo grove
18. Balliett, Blue, Chasing Vermeer
19. Balliett, Blue, The Wright
20. Richter, Conrad, The Lightinthe Forest
21. Hamilton, Virginia, Plain City
22. Hamilton, Virginia, Justice and Her Brothers
23. Myers, Walter Dean, Monster
24. Armstrong, William H., Sounder
25. Mead, Alice, Jundbug
26. Yumoto, Kazumi, The Friends
27. English, Karen, Francie
28. Yep, Luarence, Dragon's Gate

I know I can't read all these, but I always put a few extra on the list in case I don't like something and abandon it. There are a few others that aren't even on the list, of course. What's on your list this summer?


NYC Teacher said...

Great book list!!!!

Gawdess said...

I love your blog.
I love books and writing and your garden and someday if I have more time in my life, I will do more than comment once in a blue moon.
The Nancy Farmer book about ear eye arm, is one of my favourites ever.
and many other good ones on the list that I haven't dipped a toe into, yet.

cloudscome said...

Gawdess I started the Ear, Eye and Arm book last night and I can't stop thinking about it. Wow. I love your blog too.

NYC teacher - what are you reading this summer?

Dewey said...

I think you're pretty restrained considering you work in a library. When I worked in a library, they had to ban me from taking books before they had even hit the new books shelves!

cloudscome said...

Err... Yeah, I do that too. It's so hard not taking home books every day!