Here is what I want to do this summer:
- Pick blueberries and strawberries with my boys. I remember what strawberries taste like in the field, and it's not anything like those red monstrosities in the supermarket.
- Go to the swimming pool three or four times a week and make some new friends from our neighborhood.
- Get Buddy swimming lessons.
- Help with Vacation Bible School at our church. I got put on the snack committee and I think I can totally do that.
- Read and blog about at least one chapter book a week.
- Work on my writing. I mean read writer's texts, practice the craft, keep a writer's notebook, polish some pieces and submit.
- Print photos of my kids and catch up on scrapbooks.
- Print photos matched with my haiku and make a book of them.
- Keep up with weeding and watering (especially the potted plants).
- Get Buddy music lessons (Suzuki violin? Any suggestions or tips?).
- Learn to make gluten free fig newtons with our home grown figs.
- Research library schools and make a plan to finish my degree.
- Find time to relax: play, laugh, watch and listen.
- Learn how to work with the school website; update library and class project pages. Plan to assist teachers with this next year.
I don't think I can tag ten people for this - it's too much. I am just going to say that if you have some vacation time coming up or are planning ahead for the summer you are TAGGED. What are your goals? Let's hear it!