Thursday, June 07, 2007

Summer Goals Meme

Suzanne tagged me for the The Summer Goals Meme which consists of 10-15 professional and or personal goals that you would like to achieve over the summer. I was frightened of this meme until I saw Suzanne's goals. She is planning on having a ton of fun and I think I want to be like her!

Here is what I want to do this summer:
  1. Pick blueberries and strawberries with my boys. I remember what strawberries taste like in the field, and it's not anything like those red monstrosities in the supermarket.
  2. Go to the swimming pool three or four times a week and make some new friends from our neighborhood.
  3. Get Buddy swimming lessons.
  4. Help with Vacation Bible School at our church. I got put on the snack committee and I think I can totally do that.
  5. Read and blog about at least one chapter book a week.
  6. Work on my writing. I mean read writer's texts, practice the craft, keep a writer's notebook, polish some pieces and submit.
  7. Print photos of my kids and catch up on scrapbooks.
  8. Print photos matched with my haiku and make a book of them.
  9. Keep up with weeding and watering (especially the potted plants).
  10. Get Buddy music lessons (Suzuki violin? Any suggestions or tips?).
  11. Learn to make gluten free fig newtons with our home grown figs.
  12. Research library schools and make a plan to finish my degree.
  13. Find time to relax: play, laugh, watch and listen.
  14. Learn how to work with the school website; update library and class project pages. Plan to assist teachers with this next year.

I don't think I can tag ten people for this - it's too much. I am just going to say that if you have some vacation time coming up or are planning ahead for the summer you are TAGGED. What are your goals? Let's hear it!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

How old is Buddy, Cloudscome?

I started my kid on violin when he was 5 and it was fine. He was very motivated to learn (had been begging since 3) and we have a great teacher. She uses the suzuki method and CD, but also teaches him to read music. I'm happy with the approach.

cloudscome said...

Buddy turns five at the end of July. He has been asking for a violin for his birthday. He wants a violin and a gameboy LOL. I heard about suzuki but someone told me the parent has to attend lessons and practice violin too? I don't mind the change to learn violin but does that mean I have to rent two violins?