Thursday, June 07, 2007

Play Time is Learning Time

Last year at the end of the school year I had been blogging for about three months. Over the summer I discovered and played with:
  1. RSS feeds; Bloglines and Blogroll. I started using them so I could keep reading blogs on summer vacation without having to figure out how to remember or transport all my favorite blog URLs to my home computer.
  2. Del.icio.us so I could transfer my favorites/link lists to my home computer
  3. Flickr so I could share more of my digital photos with friends and family; but more importantly so I could post them on my blog without having to mess with bloggers dog-gone s-l-l-o-o-o-w-w-w upload times and glitches.
  4. Trying to sell things on E-bay. Not too successful, but interesting.

By the end of summer I was exploring the 23 Things and learning about:

  1. LibraryThing
  2. Technorati
  3. Wikis
  4. YouTube
  5. Pandora
  6. NetLibrary
  7. Podcasts
  8. Image Generator toys
  9. Rollyo
  10. FD toys on Flickr

Here's a list of the Web 2.0 awards from May. (Here's the short list of just the winners) I wonder what I will discover this summer. What have you started playing with lately?

No comments: