Tuesday, June 19, 2007

June 19 Haiku


lavender harvest:
my sissors snipping beneath
the drone of bees


jo(e) said...

Both the photo and the poetry are lovely.

TadMack said...

Either your lavender is a kind I've never seen before, or you are an AWESOME photographer. I'm suspecting the latter. Lovely haiku and photograph!

Sarah Amick said...

Beautiful imagery. Don't you just love lavender? It's an old flower, like peonies, irises, and lilac. They are nostalgic I think.

Mom Unplugged said...

This is lovely!

You should submit it to the National Wildlife Federation haiku contest. Deadline is June 30th. The online submission form is here.

Winners will be published in the NWF online newsletter next month!

cloudscome said...

Thanks guys! I think this is Lavandula angustifolia, English Lavender. It's a really close up photo.

I already sent in a haiku to the NWF contest but thanks for the encouragement!