Monday, April 09, 2007

Masterpiece Theater's Wind in the Willows

Last night I had some knitting that had to be done (Thursday is a baby shower and the sweater is yet to be knit). I was delighted to see Masterpiece Theater was doing a new version of The Wind in the Willows. That's one of my all time favorite books. I watched the first hour only and forced myself to go to bed at 10. (I get up at 4:45 and I need my sleep!) I plan on getting it on DVD so I can watch it again.

Did you see it? I didn't think I was going to like it because Mole and Ratty and Toad were all real people instead of animals. It's not animated, it's live actors. After I watched it for a while I started really liking it though. It's funny. Toad is just over the top silly. What did you think?


Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I am intrigued. I'll keep a look out for it on DVD.

Monica Edinger said...

Well, you saw my post about it. I liked the live actors, but (as you saw) found it lacking in character development for Ratty and Mole. A favorite book of mine too as a child and teacher.