Wednesday, April 11, 2007

April 10 Haiku

new trains.JPG

spring evening; sunshine
falls across the opening land -
trains headed homeward


We live a couple of blocks from the commuter train station. I can hear the early morning whistle of a train crossing the main road as I publish this haiku. Yesterday in the car on the way home we crossed over the freight train line as a huge black engine was coming and we raced it for about 100 feet as it passed beside us. At just two years old Punkin is starting to explore imaginative play. Here he is bringing the trains home as I cook dinner...

3 comments:

Elaine Magliaro said...

This haiku and photo are wonderful. It makes me think back to the time when my daughter, who is now twenty-seven, was little and was fascinated with trains. We live not far from a commuter train station...so we are/were often crossing tracks when out and about.

Alkelda the Gleeful said...

I just want to kiss those cheeks.

cloudscome said...

Alkelda, that is what I love best about this photo too - what a great profile he is showing! :)

Elaine, we cross those tracks many times a day. The boys love it and I try not to complain about it making me late.... I am trying to learn to live in the moment.