Saturday, March 24, 2007

Thinking Bloggers

ThirdMom tagged me with the Thinking Blogger Award. I have to say first of all that I am so flattered to be included in her list of blogs that make her think! It's an honor to be put in a group with all the other great blogs that have been tagged with this award.

She has charged me with naming five other blogs that make me think. I have so many blogs that I love to read because of the way they challenge me to think that it is hard to chose only five. I hope you enjoy reading from these that are delighting me today:

1. Cynsations: Cynthia Leitich Smith's blog includes "interviews, reading recommendations, publishing information, literacy advocacy, writer resources, news in children's and young adult literature". She has a great web page listing children's and adult literature resources at with a whole section on books with themes of adoption, diversity and multiculturalism.

2.'s reunion writings:
"I am a jazz singer, artist, vocal coach, migrant, pug owner... exiled family member and most blessed of all I am mother in reunion to a wonderful young woman. ...I am just a woman. A yoga fanatic. A semi vegetarian, a hater of fur, a lover of animals, a speaker of other languages, a piano player, a terrible cook, a dodgy poet, a secret song writer..." writes one of the first blogs I got hooked on. She always has something amazing to write about.

3. This Woman's Work: Dawn writes about writing, getting published, mothering and adoption. She has a lot of interesting things to say about race/ethnicity and kid's books too.
She's teaching me a lot about all of these things!

4. Light-Skinned Girl: "a mixed chick's thoughts on a mixed-up world". She's a writer and a thinker. Lately she's been traveling a lot, and posting pictures. She writes about writing, race, adoption and living with two cultures.

5. Mitali's Fire Escape:
Mitali says, "Let's chat about life between cultures. Or life in general. Books. Writing. Movies. Whatever strikes our fancy. Out here on the fire escape, anything goes. So chime in. Pass the tea and biscuits. Sit back and take in the view. Can't wait to hear what you have to say." Not only does she write challenging posts, she starts fascinating conversations.

Now according to the meme rules, these five bloggers should pass on the award to five of their favorite thinking bloggers. I can't wait to read the blogs they read!

4 comments: said...

Thank you for putting me in the list. I am very honoured.

Don Tate II said...

Julius Lester (A common place). His blog really makes me think.

Mitali Perkins said...

Just when I needed some encouragement ... "like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word aptly spoken."

Lilian said...

Congratulations!! Excellent choices of other bloggers too!