Thursday, March 01, 2007

Readergirlz and being a grown-up on MySpace

I joined MySpace today. I have been getting excited about Readergirlz, the new ezine about and for girls and what they are reading. Check out the current issue highlighting Nothing But the Truth (and a few white lies) by Justina Chen Headley. The page is playing the novel's theme song in an mp3 player. There's party food! Author chat! Links to www.tolerance.org! OK here's the ezine manifesta. I am so impressed. You are going to love this.

This looks like so much fun I just had to join MySpace so I could see their page and get connected. I have been avoiding MySpace for some cranky old person reason.... are there any other librarians there? Apparently yes.
Tips please.
What's good about it for a 40-something library lady?
We keep it blocked at school so I'll have to explore a bit on the weekend...
Will anyone be my friend? That I know, I mean. I am not interested in Tom, who signed up as my friend in the first 10 seconds and was promptly deleted.
Do you lie about your age? I did at first and then I thought oh, who cares.
Do you put your picture up there?
What's the most fun about it?
Tell me all please!

3 comments:

Little Willow said...

Thanks for supporting readergirlz! :)

Being Me said...

Hi Clouds,

I just asked to be your friend!

I love your profile. If I'd known then... I'd have been a librarian too, maybe...

cloudscome said...

Thanks Justice! I just read your blog and learned who Tom is. LOL I am such a dork. I am glad you are my friend.