Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Playing Not Katie Couric

Repressed Librarian sent me these interview questions in her role as Not-Quite-Katie-Couric. She got the meme from Profgrrrrr, who got it from Greg, who got it from.... well you'll have to follow that trail yourself. If you want to play just leave me a comment and I'll think up some juicy questions for you. Then you invite your readers to play and on we go!

Here are my questions:

If you could acquire a skill or ability that you do not currently have, what would it be? I wish I could speak Mandarin. I lived in China two years and I studied the language and practiced it in immersion. I'm just lousy at learning languages. I taught English but I'm not a good language student. I had to drop out of French in jr. high because I was getting a D. It's pitiful.

What inspires you? I just made a list of my muses on another blog:

Anything in the woods.
Always, the sky.
Children doing whatever they do.
Water moving.
An unexpected sight.
Color, texture and soft sounds coming together.
A reason to make a list.

I'd have to add to that knowing God's love and grace constantly inspires me.

What is your favorite flower? Crocus, Daffodil, Cherry Blossoms, Lily of the Valley, Roses, Violets, Iris, Dahlia

Describe your idea of the perfect meal. Yummy, gluten-free, balanced with sweet/spicy/savory/crunchy/smooth, no clean up. People I love to share it with. No rushing.

What is your favorite part of a typical day? Early morning; a half an hour with my coffee and Bible. That or after the kids are asleep at night when I can get in my PJs and read a great book in bed.

1 comment:

MotherReader said...

Okay, I know I'm late to the game, but if you want to send me some questions, then I'll play.