Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The results are posted!

The Cybils 2007 winners are announced! Click over there right now and read all the details. The long lists of great books nominated by bloggers are here, in the sidebar under Nominations, and the short lists of the top five in each category are here. If you are wondering what fantastic new reads you may have missed in the past year, take a look at those links and see what other bloggers are excited about.

Jen Robinson's Book Page has a great idea for how we can get the word out about the Cybils and the difference bloggers can make. By making a splash now we can make our love of kid's books known and promote great books.

I worked as one of the judges on the committee to chose the Non-fiction Picture book winner, and I have to say it was a wonderful experience. I want to thank my fellow committee members for their enthusiastic hard work, and I want to thank the publishers for sending us review copies of the short list books so quickly and generously. Most of all I am grateful to the authors and illustrators for making such fabulous books for us to read. I can't wait for this year's Cybils season to begin!

1 comment:

Jen Robinson said...

Thanks for your hard work on the picture book N/F committee. I'm looking forward to reading An Egg is Quiet. And thanks for supporting my recommendation about buying the books! Have a great night!