Friday, December 29, 2006

Blog Update

I moved to the new Blogger yesterday, and spent all my blogging time today fooling around with a new template. I think I like it better, but I am not sure I have all the links correct. If I am not showing you in my blogroll and you want to be linked, leave me a comment here, OK? I am using both Bloglines and Blogroll and I am not sure that is going to work. As far as the new Blogger goes, I love that when I get an email showing new comments it tells me which post the comment is on. That was always a guessing game before. I like the labels option but it has taken me hours to file past posts into catagories and right now I am not sure it's worth it. What do you think?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh wow...I didn't realize labels were included in the new Blogger. I could see that updating past posts would be a pain, but surely "filing" new posts wouldn't be a tedious?

Now that it's out of Beta, I'm being tempted more and more...

Lilian said...

well, my previous comment was lost, I'm trying again.

I love your new looks, you did a great job! I love labels and I have labeled all my posts. I still haven't displayed them because I am yet to decide whether I'll start using pseudonyms for the boys. once I figure that out, I'll update the template and include the labels in my sidebar.

I really want to use one of my own photos as a background for the "heading" or "mast" of the blog. Was that easy to do?

cloudscome said...

Thanks! I like this template a lot more than the old one. It was certainly time for a change. I have been planning on putting my own photo in the header since last summer, but when school started I didn't have time to fool with it until vacation. I looked at the page source in someone else's blog that had a photo in the header and I looked to see how they did it (where they put the url in the code). In Firefox you can go to view - Page Source and see the HTML code for a web page. I uploaded one of my garden pictures to flickr, cropped to the shape of a header. Then I copied the url of the photo into the template in the header section. It took me a while and lots of mistakes but I finally got it right. I have learned a lot this year!